LOOKING FOR A DRUG CRIME LAWYER IN DAYTONA BEACH, FL?
Drug laws in the US are in a state of flux right now. Some drugs that were once considered dangerous, like cannabis, are seeing their legal status being re-evaluated in many states including Florida. Meanwhile, newer drugs like fentanyl are changing how the state handles illegal prescription drug possession. For someone who has recently been arrested for a drug crime, the legal system can be a confusing and inhospitable place. At the Law Office of Jane Park, we can help. For 25 years, clients in the Daytona Beach, FL area have trusted our office to represent them as reliable and competent drug defense and gun lawyers. In addition, we can help if the state accuses you of possession of an illegal gun. If you need a drug crime lawyer to fervently defend you against drug or weapons charges, you can trust the Law Office of Jane Park.
Our firm proudly serves clients in these areas:
- Daytona Beach, FL
- DeLand, FL
- Deltona, FL
- Ormond Beach, FL
- Port Orange, FL
- Holly Hill, FL
- New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Edgewater, FL
- Barberville, FL
- Palm Coast, FL
OUR DRUG DEFENSE ATTORNEY HAS OVER 26 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
When a lawyer has a quarter-century of experience defending their clients from drug charges on the courtroom floor, they pick up some unique skills. At the Law Office of Jane Park, we recognize that not all drug charges are the same. In fact, there are three different levels of possible drug offenses in Florida:
- First-degree misdemeanor – if you possess up to 20 grams of illegal marijuana, you could face up to a year in jail.
- Third-degree felony – if the police arrest you with more than 20 grams of marijuana, less than 28 grams of cocaine, 10 grams of MDMA, up to a gram of LSD, or four grams of an opiate, you’ll face up to five years in prison.
- First-degree felony – if the police arrest you with more than these amounts of a controlled substance, you’ll face up to 30 years in prison and $250,000 in fines.
If the state is accusing you of a simple drug possession charge, you may not be a hardened criminal. Those prison terms may seem hefty and intimidating. The idea of spending decades behind bars with career offenders probably sounded like far-flung fantasy until you felt handcuffs around your wrists. Don’t worry – your case isn’t’ over yet, and we can still help.
Experienced Lawyer Ready To Help
WHAT A DRUG CHARGE LAWYER CAN DO FOR YOUR CASE
When you hire a lawyer to handle your drug case, they’ll have a few options to help establish your defense. If a drug crime attorney can prove one or more of these six defenses in a drug case, the court should find their client not guilty:
- The defendant did not know that the substance was controlled by law.
- A doctor legally prescribed the drug to the defendant. This rule can also apply to legally-prescribed medical cannabis.
- Police entrapped the defendant, who otherwise wouldn’t have possessed the substance.
- Police illegally violated the defendant’s constitutional rights during an illegal search and seizure. Attorneys refer to this defense as the “fruit of the poisonous tree” argument.
GET ADVICE FROM A GUN POSSESSION LAWYER
At the Law Office of Jane Park, we can also handle other serious possession charges. If the state is accusing of you of possessing an illegal gun, our firm can help. Cases involving illegal guns have some similarities to drug possession cases. A drug crime lawyer can pursue many of the same courses of action in an illegal gun case as a drug possession case, including the “fruit of the poisonous tree” argument. With that in mind, you can trust us to handle a gun possession case with the same dedication and zeal we bring to drug cases.
If the state is accusing you of an illegal possession crime in the Daytona Beach, FL area and you need help, call the Law Office of Jane Park. We believe that all clients deserve access to legal representation, so we offer flexible payment plans for each client. Call us today for a free consultation and see what we can do to help your case.
Get in touch:
The Law Office of Jane Park, P.A., is experienced with a variety type of criminal defense and family law issues. If you want advice or are seeking legal support, please consider getting in contact. We’d love to help you with your case.